Submit Your Experience!
an example experience submission…
Please keep your video submissions short, no longer than 3 minutes ideally.
Welcome to our Experience Submissions page where anyone can share impactful (whether negatively or positively), inexplicable, out-of-the-ordinary experiences in written and video format. Please submit your story using the form below. If approved, your material will be published on the website, and may also be used anonymously in a number of projects, including a book, documentary (we may request a professional video interview to gather more detailed information) and in additional web postings. We will send an email confirmation before posting your material.
Before you create or submit your video, consider the following Video Interview tips:
- Shorter stories can often have greater impact, generally receive more viewership, are more likely usable in our documentary format.
- We would suggest you limit your videos to 1080HD (4K is pretty but that size of files are too large for most systems)
- If you have the choice, 24 or 30 frames per second are sufficient (60 frames just adds size with little real value)
- Think about the background of your video… keep it simple, to keep the focus of attention on yourself.
- Think about the lighting… too little is too dark, too much blows out the features. A light too close to your face will blow out your features, a light behind you will darken your face.
- If you are shooting on your phone, you want to be pretty close to the phone for the phone microphone to work well.
- Ideally, mount your camera or phone on a tripod or stabilize it on a surface. Hand held jiggling can be hard to watch for long periods of time.
WELCOME TO OUR SUBMISSION PROCESS!
Please complete these 2 simple steps to complete a full submission
- The first step is submitting your personal data (which will be kept anonymous unless you otherwise indicate), and any written description of your video that you feel will help viewers understand your perspective.
- The second step is adding or recording your video, which is completed using the second part of the page. Once you complete both steps, your submission process is complete.
To complete the posting of your new new submission, our team will review your materials, prepare a BLOG post with your data, and post to our live Experience Portal. Once posted, you will be alerted immediately. If there are any problems or you change your mind about publicly posting your data, please alert us immediately and we will address any issues or take down the materials.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to sharing our experiences, together!
Step 1 – Send us your information using this form:
Step 1 : Submit Your Information
Step 2 – Upload or Record your video with this recording module:
If you have completed both the information submission form, and the video submission above, you are finished! We will get back to you when we post your story, and with possible follow-ups questions or requests. Thanks again for participating!